Thursday, April 16, 2009

The High Priestess


These are images from my dream journal of a female figure who appears often in my dreams. She is the High Priestess, the guardian at the gates of the unconscious in the Tarot. She is often silent, but with a presence as powerful and deep as the night. She sometimes scares me, sometimes soothes me. In my dreams, she has guided me, smothered me, asked me to come closer. In a recent dream she told me she likes me to stand near her so she can breathe. She is the embodiment of mystery, and she seems the place to start with this process of trying to share what can be shared of my own mysterious process, exploring the places she stands watch over. In the most recent dream, I had followed a group of people--"the Irish"--who were going to visit their dead. We went into a place under the ground, and she stood next to me there, in a flowing skirt, with long black hair, letting me know that I am somehow able to help her breathe. This seems creepy in retrospect, but in the dream I felt lucky, as if I had been honored by a goddess or some other powerful entity. I felt a deep and abiding love for her--a movement in the core of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment